While in some areas of the country 6-inch is becoming the new ‘standard’ size gutter, in some situations, it is not big enough. In these cases, 7-inch or 8-inch gutters can be offered. For example, climates that receive large amounts of rain and/or heavy rainfall or have a roof style that requires a wide gutter system to collect rainwater, and homes that have varying gutter heights are great candidates for a larger gutter system. These large gutter sizes are available on a location basis only. Please inquire about the specifics of participating locations.
WHEN TO CONSIDER A 7-INCH GUTTER:
- In need of more protection against water damage
- Capacity of water flowing to gutters higher than what a 6-inch gutter can handle
- Lower gutters that have upper gutters draining into them
- Tile, Concrete Shingles, or Spanish style roofs with longer overhangs require a wider gutter
- Areas with a significant amount of rainfall
Our blog Gutter Sizes – 7 Inch Gutter Systems goes into further detail about each of these examples.
Also, keep in mind our gutters are available in 24 colors and we can often match colors outside of our regular swatches if necessary. For instance, if you want to match your downspouts to your building’s siding, we most likely can. Not only can we help you protect your home with practical solutions, but we also work with you to design a system that caters to your home’s aesthetic.
We work very closely with homeowners during the consultation phase to come up with the most effective, aesthetically pleasing solution for their home.