Have you ever imagined working in a job where your hard work is not only valued but is celebrated? Have you ever wished you knew exactly how to move up in your position? Why wait around for something to happen where it has never happened? We are culturally positive with a detailed career path that will elevate you to your desired achievement level. Start by filling out the questions below.
Field Installer FAQ
- +What if I quit my job and this job doesn't work out?
- We would love for you to take some time off of your job and shadow our crew for a day or a week. This will give you a hands-on experience with our crews. It will give you an opportunity to talk with the crew and get to hear their story about working with The Brothers that just do Gutters.
- +What if I don't have any gutter experience?
- When looking for our next tradesman, we look for other attributes. If you are teachable, passionate, hard working, loyal, and reliable, then you have the talents we are looking for.
- +How much will I make when I start?
- We typically pay anywhere from $10-$13 an hour depending on your experience in the trades and how much we have to teach. Our pay is performance based and we typically see field staff move up to the next level of pay within a few months.
- +What is the top salary?
- Our top paying position of Senior Head Installer pays anywhere between $19-$24 an hour. However, you can make as much as you want! No, really! If you become so skilled in doing gutters and you have a mind for greater things, you can move out of the field and into other positions that suit your skills. You can even become a franchisee of the business and make as much as you put in. The best part is, we provide the tools along the entire path to achieve your goals. All it takes is your desire to follow the path. Our Allentown, PA franchisee was one of our Senior Head installers who started out not knowing anything about gutters and in 15 years became a franchise owner.
- +How much time will I have to learn the job?
- Typically an apprentice moves up to the next rung of the skills ladder within 3-6 months. It depends on how much experience the person is able to get in specific training related to the skills.
- +What hours do you work?
- Typically we aim to work 7-5 everyday. That varies with seasons, workload, opportunities, and distance of the job. The construction trade is difficult to keep to exact working hours and will require flexibility with the working hours.
- +Is there room for growth?
- There is room for growth. It depends on the individual and your hunger. We provide the tools to grow into the next position all along the way.
- +What happens during winter months?
- As with any outside job, we work as weather permits. It varies with the location you are applying to for a field position. In New York, you may be out of work for 2-4 months. In Virginia, you may work the whole season.
- +Is this position seasonal?
- We are a seasonal business, depending on the position, hours may be reduced in the winter months.