10 Things to Ask When Considering a Gutter Company
Hiring a contractor can be a stressful task. Let’s change that experience for you and inform you on some essential ways to connect with the leading industry gutter company. We have put together a list of questions to ask before hiring the next company to install your seamless gutter system.
10 things to ask when considering a gutter company:
- What are seamless gutters, and why should I get them?
- How do you fasten the gutters to the home?
- What type of gutter material is best for my home?
- What types of styles are available?
- Are your installers subs? Or full-time employees of your company? What is their training?
- Do all workers have insurance?
- Will I be able to identify all your workers?
- How many days will the job take?
- Can you repair prior damage to the home?
- What type of satisfaction policy does your company have?
Your Gutter Contractor Answers:
- Fabricating seamless gutters take place on site using a gutter-forming machine. The gutter machine bends and forms a roll of aluminum into a seamless rain gutter. Every seamless gutter is measured to custom fit the area where the gutter will be installed. The corners and end caps are sealed using a sealing agent. In aluminum, galvanized, and galvalume gutter systems, this agent is a silicon known as caulk. All of our copper gutter corners and end caps are soldered together. Less seams means less chance of leakage and they also makes for a cleaner, straight look. Seamless gutters save in cost because there is less wasted material, as they are measured for your home.
- Some companies still use nails to hang their gutters, however, nails are not very durable in certain weather conditions. Expanding and contracting of the wood causes loosening of the nails. The brothers use screws, and space our hangers closer than the recommended industry standard to further strengthen the system.
- The type of gutter material that is best for your project depends on what areas your interest’s lie – appeal, cost, value, durability? We offer Aluminum, Copper, Galvanized, Galvalume, and colored gutters. Our Solutionist© will be able to guide you in the right direction when provided with this information.
- We have contractor insurance. All of our workers have coverage under workers compensation.
Branding Our Work
- We believe it is important to be able to identify who is on your property. Our installers wear t-shirts and clothing that clearly identifies that they work for The Brothers that just do Gutters.
- The Brothers that just do Gutters offer 5” or 6” oversized gutters in both half-round and k-style gutter systems.
- All of the installers are our full-time employees. We do not hire out a subcontractor to do the job for us. Each of these installers undergoes an extensive training process that includes a skills ladder and an OSHA 10 certification. This helps to ensure that the job is done correctly the first time.
How Long Will The Job Take?
- How long a job will take depends on the many factors of your project – including the scope of the project, material used, and the size of the home. The estimated time of completion will be determined by our Solutionist© and a timeline will be clearly communicated to you following the estimate. On a typical raised ranch home, a gutter installation takes approximately 2-3 hours.
- We can repair prior damage to your gutter systems. If your gutters are sagging, pitched poorly, or installed improperly, we can correct those for you. If the gutter system has damage we will install a completely new system to replace them. We also replace and install fascia board.
- Your satisfaction is our number one priority. We will follow up with you after the completion of a job and ask you to fill out a survey so we can measure your satisfaction. In the event that the job was not to your satisfaction, we will come back to fix any mistakes or miscommunications we may have had along the way. When we do receive a call back, that customer becomes an immediate priority. The Brothers that just do Gutters also provide a 20-year material and 5-year labor warranty on all gutter installations, with extended warranty options available.
In conclusion, being aware of these questions during your initial estimate is critical. Above all, here at The Brothers that just do Gutters, we want to help you make the best informed decision. Contact us to schedule your free estimate with one of our skilled Solutionists.