There are many warning signs that indicate the need for seamless gutters or the replacement of your existing gutter system. In many instances gutters can be repaired or re-secured. A gutter system that is properly installed and maintained by regular Gutter Cleanings or Maintenance or protected with a gutter guard system should last 20 to 30 years. Gutters that have not been properly maintained usually fail between 10 and 15 years. Below are the warning signs associated with gutters failing.
If you are experiencing any of the following warning signs, please call us at 866-550-3569 or Request a Quote today.
Obvious Warning Signs:
- Gutter hanging off the home
- Downspout disconnected from gutter or home
- No gutters on home
- Water in basement
- Water in home
- Seams leaking or dripping
- Overflowing gutters
- Water running down fascia board
Subtle Warning Signs:
- Spike & ferrules pulling away from the gutter where you can see the nail head popping out.
- Lines in your landscape below the gutter.
- Mold in areas below where gutters are, or should be
- Rotting deck boards, windowsills, garage doors, and regular doors below where gutters are, or should be.
- Erosion in landscape or mulch beds.
- Cracking or upheaval of sidewalks, patios, driveways and stairs.
- Paint flaking or peeling prematurely in areas near the base of the home.
- Dips or back pitch in gutters.